How to reach
Surajpur is one of the major cities in Chhattisgarh so transportation is not an issue here. It is Linked with Both Road and Railways. National Highway 43 Cross to link KATNI towards North and GUMLA & RACHI towards east. Surajpur is directly linked to Varanasi Via Bhaiyathan → Biharpur → Waidhan → Singrauli and towards Bilaspur → Raipur → Bhilai → Nagpur via Devipur and Rampur.
Surajpur is well connected to Raipur, Bilaspur, Raigarh, Katni, Nagpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Rachi, Kolkata, Bhuwneshwar, Cuttak. so you can travel easily by roads also. The city is connected with National Highway 78.
Raipur airport is the nearest airport from Surajpur. Surajpur is well connected with Raipur airport. Daily train / Bus are available from/ To Surajpur. The Nearest airport near Surajpur is Raipur (Capital of Chhattisgarh). One can take flights from Delhi for Raipur and use the connecting bus or train service directly from Raipur (Durg - Ambikapur Express is the best train to reach Surajpur). Almost all major cities of the country is connected through Raipur Airport. India Airlines, Deccan, Kingfisher and Air India is Providing their Daily Service to all the Major airports of the Country.
Surajpur Railway station is 6 km (3.7 mi) away from the City Center situated on the east part. The station provides best connection with Bhopal the state capital of Madhya Pradesh. Raipur the state capital of Chhattisgarh. Bilaspur is the headquarter of Southeast Central Railways and is well connected with mail and super-fast trains from Bhopal, Indore, Mumbai, New Delhi, Gwalior, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, Chennai, Bangalore, Nagpur, Katni, Kota, Jaipur, Jammu & Hyderabad. Some of the important train connecting Surajpur Road are :
- Jabalpur - Ambikapur Express
- Ambikapur - Shahdol
- Ambikapur - Durg via Anuppur → Bilaspur → Raipur
- Narmada Express between Indore Junction BG (Indore) to Bilaspur at Anuppur Railway station 127 km (79 mi) away from Surajpur station
- Bhopal - Bilaspur Express at Anuppur Railway station 127 km (79 mi) away from Surajpur station
- Amarkantak Express between Bhopal and Durg at Anuppur Railway station 127 km (79 mi) away from Surajpur station
- Besides this it halts for a few seconds at Anuppur station for trains like Garib rath, Utkal Express, Heerakund Express, New Delhi Sampark Kranti, Bilaspur - Rewa Etc.